Monday, July 18, 2011

Beautiful Things

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  Today I have a card for two challenges - The Play Date Cafe color challenge and the layout challenge on CASE Study.  I really love the colors this week!




These are such awesome colors, I had to use them!  And then the inspiration at CASE Study was this:



So here is the card I came up with (please click on the image for a larger view)! I used papers from the DCWV The Mod Retro Stack, which worked out perfectly with the colors.  I popped up the top layer of papers for dimension.  I added some pearls and the little purple magenta flowers are for Recollections.


Here's another shot of the card that really show the depth of the layers.  Thanks to the hubs for being awesome at taking pictures!




I love the look of this card.  I don't usually make square cards, but I thought that I would give it a try here and I really think it worked out well.  Thanks for checking it out!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey, the cards are lovely. I especially like the Thank you card in the white and silver.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper IS perfect! Love the layering of that sentiment and flower die over the paper. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete