Saturday, July 9, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 47

Tonight I have a card for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  I also started a new project that I wanted to share, but first - the card!

This is a new stamp I got at Big Lots for two bucks!  It's by Inkadinkado and I am loving it!  I used four different colors of distress ink to stamp it.  The sentiment stamp is a Ditto stamp.  I stamped that on the same cream cardstock and then added a piece of vellum behind it.  I used some pop dots to raise the sentiment up and added a few little red gems.  For a final touch, a little aqua flower.  The picture really doesn't do the stamp justice!

A while ago I posted a picture of one of my custom stamps and I thought that I should show of the other one now.  This one is a little more casual.  I love the butterfly! 

Now onto my project, which I am totally excited about.  I just picked up Graphic 45's new Magic of Oz like and I am so in love.  I have always loved the Oz stories and this paper line is just wonderful.  So I decided to use these papers to decorate a 7 Gypsies tray!  I cannot wait to get it done and hang it up! 

Here's the tray with those beautiful papers!

Next I used cut up post it notes to jot down what I wanted to put where.

Here's a close up of the post it notes. Pretty simple, but enough for me to remember what I was thinking.

So that is the start of it.  I'm sure I will add on and modify it!  I will be a really fun project though.  So that's what I'll be working on the rest of the weekend!  Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend and as always, happy scrappin!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Magic of Oz paper. It is simply gorgeous!!! I'll be back to see your tray. I have been trying to find some projects done in Oz, but haven't had much luck. Can't wait to see it finished. :) Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulous stamped image! How creative to add all those colors! And you got a great deal on the stamp...how sweet is that! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stamping technique here! Love it!

    ReplyDelete