Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hola!

Hi everyone!  I've been busy and haven't posted in a bit, but the good news is my house finally sold in Georgia!  So Yay for that and Yay for only having to pay rent at one place now!  I hope everyone else is having a great week!

So if you don't know this week marks CASE Study's one year anniversary!  How awesome is that?  Congrats to them!  Plus they are having a blog hop with lots of goodies so if you haven't checked it out, stop on by!


CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop


So for the challenge this week (CSC51) you were supposed to pick your inspiration from one of the team members.  I decided to pick a card from Chupa and you can check out her blog here. The card I picked to CASE is just beautiful!  So here is the card I used for inspiration:




So for my card, I used the We R Memory Keepers Fiesta line.  I have been wanting to use this for a while.  The colors are so bright and the images are super fun. 




I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder on the yellow patterned paper and then sanded it down.  I love the effect it had!  A simple sentiment stamp at the bottom and a few little gems at the top finish off the card.  Isn't that Chihuahua adorable?  I just love it!




I also adorned the inside of the card with a few gems and the little Hola sentiment from the papers.  I'll be making more cards with this line soon.  I think it's so fun and cheery, it's sure to make someone's day when they receive a card made with these papers.

I also have one other project to share today.  I have been working my way through a vacation album for a trip to Maine we took in 2009.  I know, I am so behind!  Anyway, I had this little bag of sea glass and stuff I had collected up there.  Well I found the Tim Holtz Pocket Watch at Michael's and just knew it would be a great way to show off some of that sea glass!




This was so easy and only took a few minutes to do.  Plus the back snaps on and off so you could easily open it up and switch out what you have in there.  I did put a little circle of patterned paper in the back just in case there was some room where the glass was sliding around so that you don't see just the metal.  I had a long chain in my jewelry box that I slipped this onto and you're ready to wear!




So that's it for today.  Until next time, Happy Scrappin!

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love the effect of your sanding technique!
    Thanks for partying with us on CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards and that pocket watch is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at the May Arts blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting take on the card, I love that dog too! I'm going to go lookin' for those papers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! That dog is so fabulously decorated/colored...he just grabs your eye right away! Awesome CASE of Chupa's card, so glad to have you celebrating with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful take on Iwona's card, loving the super cute image!
    Thanks for playing along with our birthday extravaganza and making it a celebration to remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thank you for picking my card to CASE! I love your take, so different and so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete