Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm Back! It's been too long.

It's been about four months since I last posted - wow! Things have been super busy and I haven't been able to find time to scrap. I finally started to work on stuff again last week so hopefully I'll be able to continue finding time and posting some projects.



Today I made a few cards using some old paper scraps that I had, and some other odd and ends. It was fun to experiment with those left over pieces we all end up with.



The "I Adore You" card was pretty simple to make. It's a scrap of patterned paper with a Prima flower and some felt lace I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I used spray adhesive to attach the felt lace to the card. The "I Adore You" quote is a cardstock sticker I found at the Scrapbook Expo last year!



The one again was a scrap of paper that I took my distress tool to. I love using the distress tool on the grungy-looking paper, it just works so well. Then I added another leftover Prima flower and some bling that I had laying around. I also used some rock candy Stickles on the bird's wing, but it really doesn't show up in the picture.



This last one I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the cardstock of the card. I wanted to echo the curves of the tree I used. The tree was cut out with my Silhoutte, and then I covered it with gold/green Stickles (don't remember the color right off hand). I added some little flowers I had left over from another project. The "I Love You" circle is another cardstock sticker that was in the same set as the "I Adore You" one. It's amazing what you can find for a dollar at the Expo when you look!

So that is the start to my weekend and not a bad way to start! What are you working on this weekend? Any special projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment