Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Secret Santa Gift Swap

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your families. My husband and I enjoyed our first holiday with our little one.  She enjoyed her day and got loads of gifts.

Natalie playing in her dinosaur ball pit from Santa.
So I wanted to share a gift and card that I made for a Secret Santa exchange that we did in my online Mommy group.  We all were due at the same time and started the group as a pregnancy group and now that all our babies have arrived it's a mommy group. So we decided to do a little Christmas exchange for the babies.  It was so much fun and everyone loved their gifts.

I decided to make a fleece baby blanket for my person and a handmade card of course. I got some great fabric on sale at Joann's and this is how it turned out:

Cute elephants on the front, Pink on the back
For the card I used some DCWV Christmas Stack paper.  The candy canes and Merry Christmas embellies are from Anna Griffin and the Snowman is a dollar bin find. I used Glitter letters to add the babies name to the card to personalize it a little.  Here it is:

Merry Christmas!
I distressed the edges of the patterned paper to give the card some more depth. Here's a closeup shot of the details.


The other items I put in my box were a baby rattle, a set of three cute onesies and some nice organic body lotion for Mom. I figured it would be nice for Mommy to get something relaxing!


It felt really great to get some crafting done.  I'm going to try to take a little a couple hours each week for me to relax and create something. So I will be back soon! I hope you all had a great time making your Christmas crafts this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment