Thursday, April 7, 2011

A New Home and a Birthday!

So I have a couple things to show you today. The first is a card I've made to send out to my family with my new address since I recently moved. This was a fun card to make.


So the basis of this card really centered around that stamp of the tricycle with the slogan "It's a good day" I love this stamp by Unity Stamp, it's part of their itty bitty collection. It comes in two pieces mounted on cling foam, the phrase is one piece and the bike is another, which is great so you can use them separately.

I used Fire Brick and Spiced Marmalade distress ink on the stamp to give it a more vintage look. The background paper is from the DCWV Mainstreet stack, which has a lot of vintage looking paper in it. Then I used some little tags for the "Our New Home" part and the bottom one will be where I put our new address. The tags are by K & Company. I finished it off with a little ribbon and a few buttons. I love how this came together.

The next card I have for you today is a birthday card. This one is actually going to my mom.


This card has a few of my favorite things - butterflies, glitter, and purple! The patterned paper is BoBunny Sophie collection. Then I took some Stickles to the paper to highlight it and frame it. The butterflies are awesome, I've actually bought this set a few times, I always see it at Target and this last time they were on clearance too! Anyway, they are by Marcella by K and you get 16 butterflies so you can make multiple projects with them.

So that's it for today, but we've got several holidays coming up. There is Easter, Mother's Day, and Father's Day right around the corner. Are you ready? Have you started your projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment