Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Rorschach Test!


 Today I have a really neat little project for the babies out there.  My little one goes through onesies like they are going out of style.  I'm sure all you moms out there are familiar with this! So I decided to get crafty and make her some really cute onesies to wear.


 The process to make these is pretty simple.  You will need: your onesies (prewashed), some fabric paint, and some cardboard.


To start cut your cardboard so it fits snugly inside the onesies. You don't want to stretch them out too much but you want them snug so the design adheres evenly. Fit the cardboard inside your onesies.  This will prevent the paint from getting on the other side.


Now, prefold your onesie over so that you get your cardboard creased perfectly in half.  This way you're not fighting to get the onesie perfectly in half when you have your paint distributed.


Next is the fun part. Pick your paint color or colors.  Spread the paint on in drips and lines.  Be creative! Don't goop the paint on though or your design might get too blotchy. Once you're happy with the paint, carefully fold the onesie in half.  I try to keep my onesie stretched taunt when folding to make sure the design doesn't smudge.  Press down to evenly distribute the paint and then slowly peel it back open.


There you have it! You'll need to let the paint dry for 72 hours before you can wash the onesie and make sure to turn it inside out when you do.


For those that are interested in buying these instead of making them, I'm going to be selling these soon on my facebook page!  I'll post a link here when the page is up. I'll also probably sell some cards and such as well. So be on the look out for some awesome stuff!

EDIT: Here's a link to my facebook page where you can buy these onesies! Come by and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment