Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DIY Cell Phone Case


Ba-bling!  I'm not a terribly flashy person.  But there are some things that I just feel should be over the top.  For some reason, cell phone cases are one of those things.

If you have a phone other than an iPhone, sometimes it's hard to find a cool case for your phone.  In my case I have a Motorola Photon.  So what's the next best thing?  To make one yourself of course!


I got everything I needed for this project off Amazon.  I'm sure you could find the stuff elsewhere, but I love Amazon so I order everything off there.  You will need three things.  A clear case for your phone, some E6000 glue and a deco set.


There are a ton of cool deco sets out there in lots of color combinations.  And believe me you will get more than enough bling.  I have plenty leftover for another project! 

There are a ton of kits to choose from.  Here's some of my favorites: a black and red Betty Boop theme, an all pink Eiffel Tower theme, a pink and black Hello Kitty one, and finally a blue and pink Hello Kitty one

This is the process I suggest you use to make your case.  First before you start working on your project, make sure that the case fits your phone!  It would be really awful to finish it and then it doesn't quite fit right.  Next I did a dry run of the big pieces.  I didn't lay out all the little rhinestones but I wanted to get an idea of where I wanted the big bling and how much I could fit on the case.  Then I glued down the bigger items first.  And last I spread the glue on the case in small sections and applied the little rhinestones with tweezers.  I found this far more effective than putting the glue on the rhinestones and then putting them on the case (I tried that first).  It's much easier to glue the case and then apply the stone to that.  Plus this glue dries clear so no one will see it.  Then just let your case dry for 48 hours and it's set for use!

I get a lot of compliments on this case. It is super fun and way over the top.  Oh and it does make my phone weigh like double what it should, but it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment