Sunday, February 2, 2014

Making Snow Ice Cream!


Snow!  We had a good bit this week and I made sure to put a big bowl out when it started so that I would have some to make some snow ice cream! There are several different ways you can make it.  You can find a list of recipes here. I really wanted to do the sweetened condensed milk version, but I didn't have any in my pantry.  Next time!


So I took one of the recipes and modified it to my family's tastes.  I used one big bowl of snow, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, about 3/4 cup of milk, and 6 tablespoons of sugar. Mix it all up with a spoon. Don't whisk or use a mixer or it will just turn to sludge.


Enjoy!  This was a tasty treat and my daughter loved it.  We'll be sure to try this again the next time it snows.  I'll make sure I have some sweetened condensed milk on hand so I can try that version! 


Hooray for snow ice cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment