Friday, March 19, 2010

Your Birthday It Is, Yes!



Today's project is a card I made for a good friend's birthday. My main tools were my Silhouette SD and my trusty Xyron 1.5 Sticker Maker. I also used some Star Wars stickers that I found at Target and had to get for this project. I love how cartoony they look!

So I cut out the "Happy Birthday" text and the stars and circles with the Silhouette. Then with a few of the stars and one circle, I used a clear embossing stamp pad and holographic embossing powder. I really love the way the holographic powder looks on the black cardstock. I ran all the elements, the text and shapes through the Xyron. I love that little thing, it is so useful for attaching those little elements you cut out! I also used the Antique Photo distress ink pad on the edges of the card for a little character.

My Friend loves Starbucks so we got him a gift card. I attached it to the inside of the card using clear photo corners. Great for holding gift cards!


For the inside message I found a Star Wars quote that I thought was appropriate and I used my laser printer to print the message out on cardstock. Then I used my distress ink again on the edges of the cardstock for character. One of the stickers of Luke finished off the inside of the card. I was really happy with how this one turned out and my friend loved it too! That always makes you feel good!

So everyone have a great scrappy weekend! May the force be with you!

3 comments:

  1. i love this card!!! very cute!! the SW stickers RAWK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip on the Xyron maker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lil great nephew calls the Xyron my "X" machine so cool he says.he is 5 & adorable.

    ReplyDelete