Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Smash!

So my local scrapbook store got their second shipment in today of the Smash line. I was very excited to see these! I think these are great idea books. I know you can use composition books, but I like that the pages in the Smash books are sturdy cardstock and are already decorated. I have a ton of little things in my top desk drawer that I plan to smash. Things like quotes that I've found that I don't want to forget, little images and drawings, fortunes from cookies, cards, etc.

So I bought two of the books - the red doodle book and the pink pretty book. All of the books are really cute. The pink book I am going to use as my idea smash book. The red one I am saving for a special project. The hubby and I are going to try to get pregnant soon and I think this Smash book will be perfect for a pregnancy journal. It will be easy to smash little trinkets in, hospital bracelets, ultrasound photos, doctors cards, etc. Plus I will have a place to write down interesting things like cravings, or baby names I like. I can stick photos of ideas for the nursery or things that I would like to buy for the baby. I think this will be easy for me to do with little time and it will be really neat for people to look through! I am totally excited about it!

Anyway, all the little accessories are too cute as well. I basically bought one of each thing they had. There were a few items that I wanted that weren't available so I'll have to pick them up later - the bands to hold the books closed when overflowing and the little pink and white paper clips. I love this idea and I think it's perfect for those with little time. This won't change the way I scrapbook, I will still have all my pages and do my card making. But this is a great, artsy way for me to save ideas and journal without worrying too much about it. If I really enjoy this I might invest in a Cinch or Bind-it-all. But for 12.99 for these Smash albums and all the work done for you, I think that's hard to beat!

Until next time, Happy Scrappin!

2 comments: