Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I am so behind this year on Father's Day. I just got my cards done so they will be late. But - I am really happy with them!


So my first step was to use the new Tim Holtz embossing folders that I got to create the backgrounds. Then I used a sanding block and a distress tool on it. The car paper is by Graphic 45 (totally loving their papers!). I used Ditto stamps for the Father's day sentiment both inside the card and out. A few scraps of ribbon and some metal gear embellies finish off the cards.



I am so thrilled with these cards. I know that my Dad and Father-in-law are going to love them. I am so glad that we are getting some more masculine papers and embellies out. A few years ago it was tough to do a card for a guy!


For the inside of the cards I just attached on more car image and the stamped sentiment. I thought this was visual enough and yet still simple. It also leave a bit of space for writing.


So that's it for today! I hope everyone enjoys the day and celebrates time with the dads in your life! As always, Happy Scrappin!

2 comments:

  1. oh I really love these fathers day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful cards :) I am your newest follower! Hope you'll pop by Julie's Open Window, follow along and have fun with me : )

    ReplyDelete